Vegetable Samosa Filling Ingredients
- 1 small potato (diced very small, size of peas)
- 1 carrot (diced small, size of peas)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion (diced finely, size of peas)
- ½ mug frozen peas
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 100ml Vegetable stock / or chicken stock.
Heat the oil in the frying pan, add the garlic and onion and fry until soft, add the remaindering vegetables and stock, simmer for approximately 30 minutes until all the vegetables are cooked and soft. (Add more water if necessary).
Samosa Pastry Ingredients
- 225g Plain Flour
- 1tsp salt
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 80ml warm water
- 2tbsp poppy seeds (optional)
Samosa Pastry Method
Mix the flour and salt in a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the oil and water. Mix to form a dough. Add the poppy seeds and knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Wrap and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Divide the pastry into 12 small balls, and roll them out very thinly.
Place a large bowl upside down and cut around to make perfect circles.
Cut each circle into half and fill as below.